DA Hike: Good news for government employees! Dearness allowance will increase soon, how much will the government give now?
DA Hike: The Modi government may once again try to please the employees before the 2024 elections by increasing the dearness allowance. It is believed that in the second DA increase of the year 2023, the government is again planning to increase it by 4 percent. Apart from this, a decision can also be taken on this again fitment factor.
New Delhi. Once again great news can come for the Central Employees. The Central Government may soon announce Dearness Allowance for the second time for the year 2023. In January this year also, the government had announced to give 4 percent dearness allowance. The Central Government increases the dearness allowance twice every year i.e. every half year. The first half has been announced in January, while the second half can be announced this month or in the next few months.
Sources say that this time a decision can also be taken on the fitment factor along with the dearness allowance. The fitment factor has not been decided for the last several half years. It is believed that this time some decision can be taken regarding the fitment. Apart from this, sources also say that this time also the Modi government may decide to increase DA by 4 percent. This step can be taken in view of inflation, due to which there will be a big increase in salary.
4 percent DA for the third time also
Modi government took special care about inflation while deciding on DA in the last two half years and has increased DA by 4-4 percent both times. In January, DA was increased by 4 percent from 38 percent to 42 percent. If this time also there is an increase of 4 percent in DA, then it will increase to 46 percent. That is, 46 percent of the basic salary will be given to the employees as dearness allowance.
How much will be the increase in salary,
if the government salary reaches 46 percent of its basic, then it means that the employee will get a total salary of about one and a half times of the basic salary. Suppose the basic salary of an employee is Rs 40,000, then he is getting 42% DA right now. If it increases by 4 percent, then the total DA will be 46 percent. This means that there will be an increase of Rs 1,600 in DA. That is, from July the increased salary will reach Rs 58,400.
Big decision on fitment factor as well
It is believed that this time the government can take a big decision on fitment factor as well. The matter has been stuck on this for many years, but after such news came from the center that now a new pay commission will not be formed. It is expected that the fitment factor may be implemented. Right now the fitment factor is 2.57, which means that the salary of the employees is given at 2.57 per cent of their basic. The demand to increase it to 3.68 per cent has been going on for many years.
How much will the salary be increased with the fitment factor?
Suppose someone’s basic salary is Rs 50,000, then he gets a salary of Rs 1,28,500 through the current fitment factor. On the other hand, if the new fitment factor is 3.68 percent, then his salary will increase directly to Rs 1,84,000. In this way there will be benefit of about 58 thousand rupees in salary. In this way, if both DA and fitment factor is applicable, then there will be a significant increase in the salary of government employees.