Aadhaar Card: The best way to check for any fraudulent use of your PAN card is to check the CIBIL report. The report includes all your loans and credit cards. If you find any credit card or loan in your CIBIL report that you have not received, inform the authorities immediately.
PAN Card and Aadhaar Card: PAN Card and Aadhaar Card are two major documents for an individual in India. At the same time, with digitization gaining momentum, online fraud is also increasing rapidly. Recently, information about misuse of documents of many eminent people also came to the fore. In such a situation, some things must be kept in mind to keep your PAN card and Aadhaar card safe.
How to avoid misuse of Aadhaar-PAN?
1) Avoid carrying your PAN and Aadhaar everywhere. Instead, wherever possible, use other ID details like Voter ID and Driving License.
2) Share your PAN and Aadhaar details only with authentic people or companies and sign the photocopy of the same with date.
3) Avoid entering your full name and date of birth on online portals including social media. These can be used to track your PAN.
4) Check your credit report regularly
5) Avoid keeping PAN and Aadhaar in your phone’s gallery as they can be easily accessed in case the phone is lost.
PAN card has been used fraudulently or not?
For this check the CIBIL report. The report will include all loans and credit cards. If any such credit card or loan is found in the CIBIL report that you have not received, then immediately inform the authorities.
How to report misuse of PAN?
- Go to the official portal of TIN NSDL.
- Find the Customer Care section on the home page, which will open a drop-down menu.
- Open ‘Complaints/Questions’ from the drop-down menu. Now a complaint form will be opened.
- Fill the required details in the complaint form. Enter the captcha code and click on ‘Submit’.